Credit Recovery Sign Up available now
Credit Recovery will start August 19th and it is only $90 per class. All students can take classes online from anywhere with internet connection and will have the option to come in for help during online instructional times. The schedule will be posted at the school. Work at your own pace and complete classes as quickly as you want. We will have an administrator and a certified teacher on campus to help with any problems. Click on the Credit Recovery link above or you can reach me at 702-581-7832.
The Delta Academy has been in operation since 2007 and serves grade levels 7-12. We are growing every year yet maintaining true to our mission through differentiated instruction and low student-to-teacher ratio.
Some excellent features about the Delta Academy include:
- The Delta Academy has maintained a low student-to teacher-ratio. The average class ratio is 12:1.
- The Delta Academy offers a track for students who are college bound as well as those wishing to be trained in a vocation.
- The number of students graduating from the Delta Academy has more than doubled each year for the past 3 years.
- Students attending The Delta Academy can take courses which lead to certifications in IT, medical assisting and bookkeeping.
- Frequent communication between school and home assists with student performance.
- The Delta Academy uses state-of-the-art thin client technology for its computer labs.
The Delta Academy will provide a safe and nurturing instructional environment in which students from various backgrounds expand their knowledge base to fulfill academic and personal goals through differentiated instruction and reinforcement of positive character traits.
Goals and Objectives
- Improve the opportunity for pupils to learn. This goal will be measured by comparing the attendance rate of each student from the past year to the current year. As the students’ emotional well-being improves, their attendance and attitudes toward education should improve.
- Reduce the incidence of drop-outs of at-risk students. Even though the population of The Delta Academy is significantly more at-risk than the general population of the aforementioned schools, we would still expect that our school’s attendance rates will be higher. This higher rate is due to smaller class size and differentiated instruction.
The Delta Academy utilizes frequent parent communication as a way to increase student attendance and academic performance. If a student has been absent for two or more days, our staff attempts to contact the parent to ascertain the reason behind the absences. Also, we frequently use our website to communicate important information to our students, parents and community members.